The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development with around 16,400 employees. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and public and private sector clients in around 130 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
The GIZ is implementing the EU-funded Climate Change project: Support to Indonesia’s Climate Change Response (Technical Assistance Component) SICCR-TAC. The 3 year project aims to pilot tangible measurements (low carbon, resource efficiency, sustainable management of the use of Biodiversity and livelihoods and optimized development planning and build the capacity of Aceh to support and contribute in an effective and coherent way to Indonesia’s efforts to set itself upon a low-carbon development path through low-emission economic development and optimal land use planning within the LULUCF (Land Use, Land Use Change and Forestry) Sector.
SICCR-TAC is seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
Junior Technical Project Professional
The incumbent must support the preparation, implementation and documentation for monitoring purposes beneficial for the SICCR-TAC project and its partners.
The Job Holder performs the following tasks, but is not limited to:
• Support on-going training documentation according to AWP;
• Support the implementation of project activities according to AWP;
• Support the project activities such as: Expert Exchange on Forest Management Organization and Implementation to Germany;
• Contribute in coordination with project partners (such as in Jakarta, Palembang and Aceh);
• Contribute to systematization of project data pool;
Other Duties / Additional Tasks
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
• Updates the filing system for project management, complying with GIZ standards (DMS)
Required qualifications, competences and experience
• At least Bachelor degree in relevant specialization and/or equivalent;
• At least 3 years’ professional experience in the international development cooperation’s;
• Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
• Excellent language skills: Bahasa Indonesia and English (fluent in writing and speaking), ideally a knowledge of German;
• Proactive communicator, good management and organisational skills;
• Basic knowledge of admin procedures;
• Confidential handling of data and information;
• Willing to travel if needed;
• Willingness to acquire new knowledge as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management;
Duty Station: Jakarta
Expect to join: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor of SICCR-TAC project
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on November 17th 2017.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: SICCR-TAC_JTPP Jakarta
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate]
Only short-listed candidates will be notified