Position Title: Public Private Partnership Specialist
LOCATION: Jakarta, Indonesia
Department: Environment Group – Ecosystems Services Unit
Reports to: Technical Theme 3 Leader USAID-LESTARI Project
Winrock International is looking to hire a Public Private Partnership Specialist to join with USAID LESTARI Project (LESTARI) existing team in its office in Jakarta, Indonesia. LESTARI facilitates PPPs to catalyze private sector support to leverage impact for low emissions development
strategies and forest conservation at the landscape level based on a
development hypothesis that the private sector has the incentives and resources
to play a meaningful role in expanding the impact of LESTARI’s work in
collaboration with other government, community and civil society partners. PPP
opportunities include industry certification, value chain support, incentives
for use of best environmental and/or agricultural management practices, and
conservation management plans for natural forest concessions, industrial
plantations, smallholder plantations and value chains critical to improved
livelihoods. Moreover, privately held firms drive local economies and
deforestation, so they need to be included in any approach to slow emissions
and promote biodiversity conservation. Firms also are under growing pressures to meet rapidly evolving sustainability and reduced emissions standards. LESTARI seeks engagement with a
wide range of firms, and is also exploring partnerships with American firms or
firms doing significant business with the USA.
The PPP specialist will be supporting the overall work of Technical Theme 3 (Private Sector Engagement) related to PPP works.She/he will be responsible in keeping track of the implementing PPP activities within all LESTARI landscapes and also assist Winrock to develop a broader,
complimentary program of work in this topic area. The PPP specialist will also
build on existing partnerships to track the implementation and impact of
agreements. Where applicable, the PPP specialist is also working with the technical
theme 3 team to develop a broader, complimentary program of work in this topic
area by synergizing with other related programs under LESTARI.
• Providing support in the development of a PPP engagement strategy from the initial stage until the implementation-evaluation stages for sustainable livelihood climate change projects in the LESTARI landscapes, via improved private sector and industry practices;
• Map-out firms in LESTARI landscapes that are linked to American firms and/or conduct significant business with the USA.
• Together with technical theme 3 team assessing the most opportune “entry points” or approaches with the private sector and barriers to those entry points. This is conducted under the coordination with LESTARI landscape team;
• Working with technical theme 3 in assessing the viability of engaging specific key companies for target sectors in commercial supply value chains to link with producer communities according to the potential of sustainable local commodities in each LESTARI landscape;
• Keeping track the progress of the PPP implementation against the milestone and deliverable of each PPP agreement, especially focusing on the role and contribution from the private partners which will be regularly submitted to technical team 3 leader in the regular written report
• Provide support in establishing working relationships with private agribusiness, forest product companies, nature & environmental conservation focused business (ecotourism, PES, etc) within the targeted landscapes;
• Work with technical theme 3 in working with private company partners and developing an action plan for each company to modify its business practices to reduce the GHG emissions of its operations, and conserve high conservation value forest land within its concessions;
• Work with technical theme 3 in identifying key stakeholders, organize and host sharing sessions for partners to identify opportunities for advancing the PPPs;
• Provide support for the coordination process among the LESTARI landscape team, LESTARI Jakarta team and the PPP partners.
• Facilitate the exchange of lessons learned and best practices among the ongoing PPP projects, including proactively identify problems and challenges related to the programs.
• Work with technical theme 3 team to facilitate and organize national events under LESTARI.
• Coordinate and assist in completing the following deliverables with input from team and
partners: – Regular Reports, as required (e.g., monthly,quarterly or annually) and Other Reports if required.
Education: Degree in Agriculture, Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Sustainable Development,Economy or related field.
• at least 5 years of relevant working experience.
• Knowledge and experience in developing PPP and also the agricultural commodities sector, forest concession and marketing process, green business options for rural areas, certification standards such as ISPO, and/or deforestation issues in Indonesia preferred.
• Experience in the commodity sector development with the private sector,preferred.
• Experience with conservation finance preferred.
• Willing to travel to LESTARI landscapes.
• Excellent communicator (written and verbal) able to interact with a variety of groups including agriculture commodity or timber producers (corporate and smallholders), private companies, government officials, civil society organizations, etc
• Able to work independently and remotely, while maintaining strong communications with other embers based all LESTARI landscapes
• Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Strong organizational and project management ability.
• Must be able to multi-task,prioritize, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to build and maintain strong and effective relationships with multiple stakeholders in Indonesia.
• Experience in developing PPP for international donors (USAID, UKCCU, ADB,World Bank, or foundations) highly desirable.
• High level of proficiency in MS Office applications
Interested Applicants should send their Application Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 20 October 2017. This vacancy information may be distribute to other trusted network.