Deputy Project Leader for SINERGI
Transformasi is implementing 15-months SINERGI project through a consortium together with Rajawali Foundation and Education Development Center (EDC). SINERGI is under KUNCI Initiative implemented by DAI and supported by USAID. The purpose of KUNCI project is to promote more inclusive economic growth by improving access to workforce and entrepreneurial skills for poor and vulnerable youth. The ultimate goal of this project is to connect 200,000 poor and vulnerable young Indonesians with learning and livelihood opportunities.
The goal of SINERGI project is to develop a better match between the job skills of poor and vulnerable youth and local labor market demand, through enhanced multi-stakeholder coordination and smarter policies. SINERGI will be implemented under two phase, the pilot period for 15 months in Central Java and the implementation period for the next 3.5 years (subject for USAID approval). The goal of the project is achieved through successful implementation of the following three Intermediate Results (IR):
Improved national level inclusive workforce policy environment through knowledge sharing among government and private sector actors;
Improved provincial level inclusive workforce coordination among government, training providers, youth and private sector;
Improved vocational training that equips poor and vulnerable youth with relevant work skills.
Transformasi is seeking a Deputy Project Leader and will be responsible to support Project Leader to ensure the smooth implementation of project administration and operation in Central Java. He/She will play active role to manage the flow of information required for reporting, collect data and information for monitoring and evaluation report and ensure the administration documentation of activities and operation in compliance with project procedures. He/She will also provide support for project leader in facilitating and maintaining the engagement of partners and key stakeholders of the project in Central Java as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take lead in preparing Term of References, planning documents (PMP, Performance Management Plan), reports and other documents required for project implementation in Central Java with the support from other project team member.
- Consolidate the work of the project officers in Central Java to ensure effective and efficient project monitoring and evaluation and reporting.
- Support project leader to monitor the overall project progress in accordance with indicators, budget and work plan.
- Play a role as an office manager at the provincial level to ensure office operation runs properly in accordance with project’s procedures.
- Provide support in the implementation of project activities including allocating budget and resources, technical facilitation, data gathering and analysis, maintain network and stakeholder engagement as required.
- Provide input to project leader and team to improve the project strategies and implementation.
- Assist the Project Leader in recruiting technical officers and other team members.
- Support project leader in communication, consultation and collaboration with Jakarta team, consultants and Central Java partners and stakeholder.
- Oversee the smooth and safety office operation in Central Java.
- Represent the Project Leader for meetings and event at Province as required.
- Recruit, supervise and evaluate operation officer, finance officer and procurement officer.
- Manage and allocate the of office equipment and resources to ensure smooth and project operation.
- First Degree from any disciplines
- At least 10-15 years of relevant work experience in program/project implementation, preferably in Central Java Province
- Experience working with provincial government and civil society in Central Java
- Has a good understanding in program management cycle and project monitoring and evaluation
- Has experience in youth program, research, engagement with Private Sectors, facilitating government and policy making process as well as multi stakeholder forum will be an advantage
- Strong leadership, organizational and planning skills
- Strong networking, facilitation and communication skills
- Experience working with INGO or International circumstance is beneficial
- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Good report writing skills
- Strong ability to multi-task effectively
- Based in Semarang
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on 4th August 2017 at the latest to:
Human Resources Department
Please indicate on the subject heading: Deputy Project Leader
Only short listed candidates will be notified