Terms of Reference for Education Research Consultant
Provisi Education is seeking an Indonesia-based research consultant to assist with a multi-year study that examines the effectiveness of a school library intervention that Provisi Education is jointly implementing with Room to Read and local partners in East Java, Bali and East Nusa Tenggara.
ProVisi Education is an education quality improvement consultant and implementing partner for organizations and companies in education development programs. ProVisi Education was established in 2002 with a mission to significantly contribute to the improvement of education quality in Indonesia. ProVisi Education begins its work by providing various programs for schools in Jakarta and surrounding areas in teachers and students competencies development. Since 2006, ProVisi Education has worked with international NGOs in education quality improvement programs, as well as multinational companies as implementing partner for CSR program in education.
Room to Read (RtR) is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low- and middle-income countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Founded in 2000 on the belief that World Change Starts with Educated Children®, Room to Read’s innovative model focuses on deep, systemic transformation within schools in low- and middle-income countries during two time periods which are most critical in a child’s schooling: early primary school for literacy acquisition and secondary school for girls’ education. We work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions. Room to Read has benefited more than 11.5 million children across 20,000 communities in 14 countries and aims to reach 15 million children by 2020.
Scope of Work
The Education Research Consultant will work in consultation with the Associate Director of Research, Monitoring and Evaluation at Room to Read to assist with a multi-year study that examines the effectiveness of the school library intervention in each region. The purpose of the assignment is to assess key factors that contribute to school motivation and sustainability as well as buy-in at the district level to scale the library model.
Description of Tasks:
The tasks associated with this assignment include:
- Assist with the development and translation (English to Bahasa-Indonesia) of interview protocols to be used with teachers, principals, partner non-government organization (NGO) staff, and district education officials]
- Assist with data collection in schools and districts implementing the school library intervention, including travel to each region to visit schools, observe school libraries and conduct interviews with teachers, school principals, district education officials and partners.
- Analyze, interpret, and synthesize data that were collected
- Assist with report writing in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
The qualified Education Research Consultant will be based in Indonesia and demonstrate the following qualifications:
- B.A. (M.A. preferred) in a relevant subject area
- Experience working in the education sector
- Knowledge of the Indonesian public education system
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Experience conducting interviews and leading focus group discussions
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing
- Strong communication skills in Bahasa-Indonesia, both verbally an in writing
Interested candidates can email their curriculum vitae, suitability note and photo to: email@example.com or via post/delivered to Provisi Education Office, Green Lake City, Rukan Crown Blok K.19, Cipondoh – Tangerang 15147
Application should be received latest by 4th August 2017.
In subject line of email or left corner on envelope please write: Application for Education Research Consultant