CONSULTANT FOR DEVELOPPING ADMIN & FINANCE MANUAL FOR NLR OFFICE, JAKARTA
- Works side by side with Ministry of Health (MoH) to strengthen the quality of leprosy control program in 14 Provinces.
- Assists MoH with development of new policies and interventions.
- Work closely with inclusion and disabilities organizations.
- Financial Leprosy Control program, Inclusion & Disability and new innovative projects.
- Provision of trainings and updated academic research and literatures on leprosy and related topics.
3. Tasks to be performed
- Consultant(s) meet personally with finance and admin team to assess the current situation in order to present a financial manual and procedure that includes both short-and long-term financial goals.
- Consultant(s) involvement in preparing the financial manual include specific finance policies (e.g. budgeting, payroll, travel and subsistence, asset management), Key minimum standards, and Specific Finance Procedures (e.g. Procurement, banking, accounting routines), Chart of accounts.
- Consultant(s) will make sure the procedures in the manual are understood by all staff, through a discussion with all staff.
4. Suggested content headings for a financial and admin procedures manual
- Financial responsibilities.
- Controls on financial assets – for example, who records cheques received and who banks them.
- Exercising budgetary control – who can spend how much and on what, and what expenditure needs special permission.
- Controls on human resources – who can recruit and for what roles, and what permissions are needed.
- Controls on physical assets – for example, who can authorise the sale and lease of buildings or equipment and campaigning material.
- In addition to the above headings, the manual may also include key elements of external financial regulations
- The consultant or consultant team is requested to submit an inception report with a detailed work plan in the form of an activity schedule / Gantt chart.
- The existence of admin and finance manual approved by the management of NLR Indonesia and understood by all staff.
- The consultant for the admin and financial manual is expected to set a realistic timeframe in the inception report but will finish the assignment not later than two months after commencement of the assignment.
- NLR will assess this proposed timeline bearing in mind a qualified output and high commitment from the consultant is required.
- The Consultant will work with finance staff and management to develop the finance and admin manual by writing the manual and provide guidance on topics that include taxes regulations, USAID regulations, EU and some donor requirements and by revising the manual.
- Ensure forms and formats related to this guideline are in place including an authorization matrix.
- Present and explain contents of the manual to all staff.
7. Remuneration and Terms of Payment
The Consultant will receive a consultancy fee to be paid in the following installments:
- The first installment in the amount 25% of the consultancy fee shall be paid upon after submission and approval by NLR of the inception report (including timeframe) one week after commencement of the assignment,
- The second installment in the amount of 25% of the total fee shall be paid upon submission of the DRAFT Admin and Finance Manual.
- The third installment in the amount of 25% of the total fee shall be paid upon submission of the second draft of the manual and after presentation to all staff
- The final installment in the amount of 25% of total fee shall be paid upon submission and approval by NLR of the final manual.
8. How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send:
- A short expression of interest (max 5 pages) clearly specifying understanding of the assignment, steps in the assignment, limitations, innovative suggestions as well as suitability and availability, and a detailed budget.
- Portfolio or CV, indicating previous experiences in similar assignment and attach examples.
- Samples of previous consultancies.