District Coordinator – Pekalongan (Central Java)
- Location – Pekalongan, Indonesia
- Contract for 6 months with the possibility of extension
KOMPAK is a large and complex program that is uniquely placed to add value to the Government of Indonesia’s own efforts to improve the social and economic conditions of its citizens; it is aimed at economic expansion and poverty reduction in Indonesia. Abt Associates is supporting frontline services, including health and education, while identifying governance constraints. The work accompanies implementation of Village Law, new national rules that empower local communities and increase the direct flow of money to village governments and services. KOMPAK seeks to strengthen the capacity of all levels of government to improve services, respond to citizen needs and contribute to stable prosperity.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au.
The key purpose of this position is to coordinate and ensure the project activities implemented as planned including maintaining good contact and relationship with district partners, garner buy-in from district governments, identify the needs, provide inputs and facilitate project implementation at district level.
Specific Duties and responsibilities
- Build and maintain good contacts and relationship with all district partners including district governments and legislature, local CSO/organizations, and programs from other donors;
- Integrated facilitate and coordinate technical delivery of activities related to frontline, VL implementation and community empowerment activities and economic opportunity ;
- Provide support for policy dialogues on certain policy and agenda at district level, relating with PFM, expenditures Analysis, governance, decentralisation and bureaucratic reform;
- Provide recommendations to the KOMPAK provincial and national offices for the effective ways of supporting smart practices and good initiatives within district governments;
Further information in regards to this opportunity can be found in the position description (see link attached above).
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and must include a CV and covering letter addressing the key selection criteria listed (maximum 3 pages). www.abtassoc.com.au/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: August 13, 2017 (AEST).
We welcome and thank all applicants, however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Lodging Your Application:
Should you experience any difficulties with the submission process, or have any questions about this role then please contact:
Contact Name: KOMPAK HR Team