ChildFund is an international child focused development agency working in 33 countries to create lasting and meaningful change in the lives of more than 10.5 million vulnerable, deprived and excluded children, families and communities, regardless of race, creed, gender or national origin. In Indonesia ChildFund has been operating for 34 years since 1973, in areas where the need is the greatest and currently reaches out to 900,000 children and family members in partnership with 50 local NGOs spread across 8 provinces. For more information please visit Childfund
ChildFund Indonesia is currently seeking:
Business Development Manager
Reporting to : Country Director
Based in : Jakarta
Duration : One-year contract with possibility extension based on performance and project duration.
The Business Development Manager position will lead the development of the Funding Acquisition strategy to enable effective implementation of the Indonesia Program Strategy. In close collaboration with the Country Director, Program Director, technical specialists, and other staff as required, the post will lead the business development processes and plans, including donor intelligence gathering, donor mapping, capture planning, prepositioning, proposal development, ensuring alignment with donor requirements, templates and timelines. The post will engage in networks and actively develop donor relationships necessary for the function. The post holder will also take the lead and coordinate with the Monitoring &, Evaluation specialist in ensuring robust knowledge management systems are in place and functioning to support grant acquisition.
Development of Funding Acquisition Strategy
- Responsible for the development of the Funding Acquisition Strategy.
- Regularly research donor priorities, mapping these against the Country Office program portfolio and strategic priorities (geographic and thematic) so as to align grant acquisition strategies.
- Leads the development, coordination and updates of Country Office’s capture plans.
- In collaboration with the Country Director, Program Director and the Technical Specialists, develop analyze the funding pipeline, advise and proactively support on actions to strengthen pipeline.
Networking and Relationship building
- Maintain active contact and coordination with potential donors. Ensure that required program business development documentation (e.g. Capacity Statements) and material (e.g. program and organizational profile brochures) are up to date and ready for sharing with potential donors.
- Ensure donor engagement strategy is in place for key identified donors and stakeholders relevant to priority bids.
- Engage in programmatic national and regional networks related to the program growth direction of ChildFund Indonesia;
- Plan and implement donor relationship strategies; pro-actively network with existing and potential donors;
- Support local staff in building and maintaining donor relationships
- Identify key stakeholders and networks relevant to priority pipeline opportunities for effective prepositioning.
Quality Proposal Development
- Responsible for ensuring that business processes are in place to support effective program design and proposal development processes.
- Coordinates proposal development process from identification of opportunity to the award phase assuring that the process is effectively documented and ensuring appropriate level of decision making on bidding, design and proposal submission.
- In coordination with technical teams, develop evidence base of ChildFund capability and experience (eg capacity statements, past performance references, reports and evaluations).
- As a key member of the proposal team, conduct desk reviews to inform proposal strategy, such as Go/No-go decisions, problem analysis, partnering and staffing decisions.
- Liaise with partners in preparation of the proposal.
- Manage adherence to cost standards application in compliance with ChildFund policies and donor requirements.
- Ensure that staff and partners are aware of and following donor compliance requirements.
- Monitors compliance with donor requirement.
- Ensure quality and continuous communication with the donor.
- Manages oversight of Bridge system.
- Develop knowledge management system for tracking opportunities from capture to award; lead the management of the knowledge database to ensure information shared among technical team, field program and other concerned staff, to capture new opportunities.
- Collation and communication of learning from successful and unsuccessful proposals, for incorporation in future bids.
- In collaboration with country and regional staff, manage knowledge base of program concepts, capacity statements, proposal templates, pricing tables; manage repository of proposal development templates, pre-award tools, and trainings.
- Develop tools and build capacity of national office staff on use of tools.
- Develop knowledge management system for tracking opportunities from capture to award.
- Leads the management of the knowledge database to ensure information shared among technical team, field program and other concerned staff.
- Participate as member of Senior Management Team.
- Support regional business development efforts as may be required.
- At least 5 years experience in business development;
- Demonstrated knowledge of key donors rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of key USG donors (i.e. USAID, DOL, State, etc.) multilateral, foundations, and other institutions’ grant making initiatives,
- Prior experience preparing large multi-million dollar proposals;
- Demonstrated diplomacy in building relationships and networking with diverse cultures, audiences and in sensitive situations and subject matter.
- Strong budgeting and data analysis skills;
- Outstanding writing skills in English;
- In-depth knowledge of Word, Advanced Excel skills, Powerpoint, Visio, Project, and Adobe;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong information management experience
- Some travel may be required.
Bachelor’s or higher-level degree required. Equivalent relevant experience maybe acceptable in lieu of degree.
This position is opened for Indonesian national only.
ChildFund requires electronic lodgment of applications.
To apply, please click on the following link:
(and look for career opportunities/International Operations/Business Development Manager – Jakarta-Indonesia)