CARE International Indonesia in Head Quarter Office-Jakarta is currently recruiting the following position for its project:
COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST & ALLIANCE LIAISON
DEPARTMENT/PROJECT : PROGRAM/PFR-SP
REPORTS TO : PROJECT MANAGER
BASE : JAKARTA
The Communications Specialist and Alliance liaison will coordinate all CARE project related communication including joint alliance communiques; this role has a duel responsibility including being the communications specialist for CARE, the PfR-SP project and its activities as well as liaise the Alliance in Indonesia as part of the wider, international PfR-SP alliance.
- Develop communications and media strategies for CARE and for the Alliance as appropriate;
- Develop key messages, press releases, impact stories and reports for CARE and for the Alliance;
- Lead on media relationships and project publicity activities and materials for CARE and the Alliance including publicity and media events;
- Develop and edit all PfR SPs ’s English external communications and any additional CARE materials as required, including preparation of project reports in line with donor expectations, on the basis of interim and annual reports prepared by member organizations of the Alliance in Indonesia;
- Contributes to the development of advocacy strategies and implementation of strategic actions for prioritized advocacy with country-level actors in Indonesia for the Alliance and for CARE;
- Provides input and advice on communication training workshops for CARE and its partners with a focus on women’s organizations, and local government;
- Provides input and advice for the Alliance on communication training based on identified needs.
Alliance Liaison PfR SP Indonesia
- Liaison and representation of PfR alliance with the GOI at all levels, as needed, and with the Netherlands Embassy, in collaboration with the Country Lead, and coordinate activities related to the representation and promotion of the PfR Alliance in Indonesia;
- Stakeholder management for the Alliance, recommending ways to build consensus among all partners;
- Liaises with the PfR Alliance to advise on promoting the program to external stakeholders in the country and other donors in the country.
- Willing to join with the Emergency Response Team (ERT) in accordance with experience and competence and is ready to be assigned to the disaster site in accordance with the existing needs;
- Other activities as requested by the Project Manager or Senior Program Partnership Advocacy and Learning Director.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in Communications or relevant background.
- Experience: At least 5 years of experience in communications in international development.
- Specific technical skills :
- Advanced level English and Bahasa Indonesia skills;
- High level communication, presentation, writing and reporting skills;
- Advocacy, stakeholder management, communication strategy, media relations, partnership and representation skills;
- Preferably, project management knowledge and experience;
- Good interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for project staffs and beneficiaries;
- Honest, responsible, self-motivated, ability to work in tight schedule and able to take initiative under minimum supervision;
- Competent in Windows, MS Office programs, software related to design development (corel, publisher, Photoshop, etc), email and database experience.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and a collegial working environment, and women candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above positions, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone, fax numbers and email address). Relocation cost will not be covered. Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and Diplomas and state clearly the applied position in the email subject.